- In his Spring Statement on 23 March 2022, the Chancellor announced the scrapping of VAT on materials and installation of energy efficiency equipment for homes.
- Energy efficiency is becoming more important to buyers as a result of escalating bills and concerns about fuel security.
- Homes sold with an EPC rating of A or B in 2021 achieved a 6% premium over properties with an EPC D rating, on a £ per square foot basis.
- A substantial shift in buyer behaviour might require more significant financial implications. The Energy Efficiency Infrastructure Group are lobbying for a reduction in SDLT for energy efficient properties.
- Source: Dataloft/UK Government
- Hits: 831